A Wedding or a marriage ceremony means love or binding two people in the strings of love. But in the past few years, the trend has changed completely.
These days there are many families who have created a trend of spending millions of rupees for weddings.
In this article let’s take a look at the five most expensive weddings that India has seen in recent times.
1- Janardhan Reddy’s Daughters Marriage Function
Cost: Rs. 500 Crore
Janardhan Reddy who is an ex-minister has recently spent 500 crores for the wedding of his daughter Brahmani displaying much of his wealth and splendor. The parade of the wedding ceremony which took place in Bengaluru included the following:
- Saree of the bride that cost about 17 crores
- 15 helipads arranged to bring in guests from different parts
- Bengaluru’s complete palace grounds has been booked as the venue for the main marriage function and decorated to recreate the complete Vijayanagara Kingdom
- Invitation cards were Gold plated and had LED screens fitted to the same
- 300 police personnel and 3000 bouncers
The marriage was conducted in such a lavish and splendid manner that it nearly surprised the entire city of Bengaluru.
2- Chief Subrata Roy’s Sons Double Wedding – “The Sahara Wedding”
Cost: Rs. 552 Crore
The extravagant wedding of Sushanto and Seemanto, sons of Subrata Roy to Richa and Chandni respectively happened in 2004. The venue of the marriage function was in Lucknow. Here are the highlights of the next India’s most expensive weddings.
- The main catch was the presence of celebrities like Amitabh Bachan, Anil Ambani, Aishwarya Rai, Mulayam Singh Yadav to act as the hosts and welcome other guests
- The complete venue for marriage function was illuminated with the help of marshals, lamps, torch lights and prism glasses
- The cuisine for the wedding had 101 different dishes from across the world
- The seven wows followed during Indian marriages were adorned on the pillars placed on the gateway
- The sangeet function was conducted in Awadh at the Hotel Clarks
- The pre-wedding functions were all conducted in the grand mansion of the Sahara’s
- There were other attractions like the performances by a British Orchestra that played all the known Indian tunes and also performances by the Shiamak Davar group
- The wedding was attended by more than eleven thousand guests who had come from all over the world and was conducted in the Sahara Auditorium
The positive note about the whole wedding was Mr. Roy got about 101 underprivileged girls married at the same time and also fed close to 150,000 beggars.
Jaipur is one of the finest places in India to arrange the most memorable destination wedding. Make sure you check the cost of destination wedding in Jaipur before planning one.
3- Lakshmi Mittal’s Daughter Vanish Mittal’s wedding
Cost: Rs. 350 Crore
The marriage of Lakshmi Mittal’s Daughter Vanisha Mittal to Amit Bhatia took place at Versailles. It was a combination of power, extravagance and wealth that stunned most of the locales. The highlights of the wedding were:
- Sha Rukh Khan, Aiswarya Rai Bachan, Juhi Chawla, Rani Mukherjee, Kylie Minogue, Akshay Kumar the famous celebrities performed for the wedding
- The wedding outfits were entirely designed by Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla, Tarun Tahiliani and Suneet Verma
- The dance sequences were performed by Farah Khan
- The mandap was constructed on a pond in the Versailles by 35 craftsmen who had flown from Mumbai
4- Lakshmi Mittal’s Niece Shrishti Mittal’s wedding
Cost: Rs. 500 Crore
The niece of Lakshmi Mittal Shrishti Mittal to Gulraj Behl was a flamboyant wedding that took place in Barcelona. The important highlights of the wedding:
- Over 200 chefs, assistants, butlers were flown all the way from Thailand and India
- The wedding happened at the National Museum of Catalan Art atop hill in Barcelona
- The wedding cake had six tiers and weighed sixty kg
- Helicopters floated over the beautiful December wedding area and the videographers took the shoot from different angles across the venue
5- Minister Kanwat Singh Tanwar’s Sons Wedding
Cost: Rs. 250 Crore
The big fat wedding of Lalit Tanwar and Yogita Jaunapuria took place in New Delhi in 2011. Lalit Tanwar received a wonderful wedding gift – a Bell 429 helicopter. Important highlights of this extravagant wedding includes:
- The wedding ceremony was attended by about 2000 guests and all of them received a return gift of 30gm silver biscuits and about 2100/- as cash
- The tika of the groom was made with 2.5 crore